Topband: Beverage transformer enclosures

Mel Crichton kj9c at iquest.net
Fri Nov 11 15:13:06 PST 2011

I use a standard PVC outdoor electrical box with waterproof cover. It's ABOUT 2 1/2 by 3/2 and maybe 2 inches deep. with a 3/4 inch diameter recessed opening on the bottom (meant for conduit but a nice fit for SO 239)

The gasketed top keeps water out well. I use feedthru screws or (for 12 volts) RCA jacks, all sealed with RTV.  I use one for four-way antenna switching using small relays.

Mel KJ9C