Topband: Beverage feedpoint near tall towers

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 07:31:25 PST 2011

There is a helpful thread discussing this very subject at
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,78887.msg554442.html.
Are these towers your 160 transmitting antennas? You want to get the
Beverages as far away from the towers as possible, even if you have to
shorten the Beverages to do this. ~100' minimum, 200' away would be better.
Even then, you may need to detune your 160 transmit antennas during
receive. And if possible, the Beverages should not point at the towers.

Instead of four single-wire Beverage antennas, why not put up just two
bi-directional Beverages? This page shows how:
http://www.w0btu.com/Beverage_antennas.html

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com