Topband: Small loop in Inv L to secure wire to tower

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Nov 18 12:07:05 PST 2011

Sure, you can do that, Dan, but a better solution, IMO, is to run a
pull-up rope loop through a pulley at the top of the tower.  That way,
you can attach the insulator at the corner of your inverted L to the
rope right above the pulley, and in the event of any problem, you can
bring the whole antenna down to you on the ground.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
spots at telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7000 AND now
at arcluster.reversebeacon.net port 7000