Topband: Counterpoise very interresting

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 15:33:56 PST 2011

Hi Guy,

I am chasing down the modeling software to try and get the best results
I can on my small lot and sandy soil. I am not really competing against
other hams but against my own past performance and experiences. What
other hams are doing gives some idea of what might be possible.

Meanwhile I am going to toss as much wire into the trees as I can get up
there along with low or on-the-ground counterpoise and hope for the
best. I'll get some QSOs for sure but more will be better. An end fed
wire and a bazooka were two of the best (multiband) antennas I used
before. The bazooka is directly proportional to the wavelength and I did
mention my small lot. I'm trying to get my wire up before we run out of
operating events for the year.

73,

Bill  KU8H