Topband: THeory

Chester Latawiec chetlat at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 24 16:06:10 PST 2011

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 08:14:07 -0500
> From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken at comcast.net>
> Subject: Topband: THeory
> To: <topband at contesting.com>
THeory.
Theory is the application of science to the real world observation.
When we observe an incident in the real world, we try to apply theory to explain our observations.  We call this forensic science.  There is always a scientific explanation for what we observe in this universe.  The challenge is applying the known science to the observation.  Sometimes the observation does not match our known science at the time, and thus requires us to further our scientific understanding to explain our observation.  Just because our observation does not match our science, does not mean the science is wrong.  It just means that our understanding of our science to the observation is not entirely correct.  Engineering is the study of observation and the application of observation in the proliferation in the advancement of understanding.  Everything we observe has justification.  The challenge is applying science to the observation.
Chet Latawiec, P.E., P. EngVE3CFK / W2NHA>