Topband: Rx antenna suggestions

n4is n4is at comcast.net
Tue Oct 4 02:50:45 PDT 2011

Hi Gary

>>I need to do something with my Rx antennae <<

First thing to do is detune or neutralize your TX antenna during RX, a
vacuum relay disconnecting the center of the coax maybe enough,. NX4D
figured out that it was not enough for his insulated tower, it was necessary
a second relay and a detuning wire coming from 18ft as W8JI suggest n his
site to detune a tower.

The TX antenna is resonant and it dominates any RX antenna reradiation
signal and noise. The iteration is severe and you see no improvement on
signal noise between the Inverted L and any RX antenna around.

Regards
Jose Carlos
N4IS