Topband: 3D2R 160 meter start time

Price Smith w0rihps at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 5 08:26:23 PDT 2011

Herb and others,

Per Bernie W3UR, 3D2R is going QRT today at their sunset.

73
Price W0RI

Please help me and some other topbanders in the Eastern Caribbean and SA to
try and beg 3D2R to come up to 1822 a bit earlier than past our sunset.
There is a huge difference between East Coast SR and my location at 64.7 W.
Longitude where I am in full light by 10:00Z.

If you know the call sign of the pilot for this operation of can ask them on
the air briefly to try earlier on TB I would deeply appreciate your efforts.
They may not realize the situation of how further out in the time zone is
the Eastern Caribbean and the requirement for showing up a few minutes
earlier if we are ever to have a chance.

Please let me know if there is a pilot contact or if you can get them the
information so how.  I tried on an 80 meter CW contact by sending TB ? and
got back TB? so i think he thought that was a call sign of a caller and not
a request for a contact. Again it appears that the TB operation is a switch
from the 80 meter setup and if the TB appearance doesn't here anything
popping throught the noise after a few calls, its back to 3503.

So please if you know a pilot for this operation, please let me know. I
still have a chance.

Thanks,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
St. Croix, US Virgin Islands