Topband: PL 259 for RG6

Milt -- N5IA n5ia at zia-connection.com
Tue Oct 11 09:13:11 PDT 2011

Mike,

I have had the same problem you describe with the "chassis" mount female "F"
connectors.

I am now using the PC board mounted female "F" connectors and installing
them on a small PC board where I have need of a single connector.  The PC
board can then be glued to the inside of the chassis box.

This method is a bit more work and cost, but surely does solve the loosening
problems of the chassis mount type which depend on the single nut to hold
them tight.

For my remote switches (home brew) I have eight DIP relays on a single board
and they are feeding eight of the PC board female "F" connectors on the same
board.  Input connector also.  Properly drilled holes in a chassis box or
panel allows the entire assembly to be mounted as a single unit.

There is NO turning of the female "F" connectors.

Mis dos centavos.

Milt, N5IA