Topband: 160m Beverage On Ground,

Larry Emery k1uo at uninet.net
Fri Oct 14 11:00:44 PDT 2011

Hi Ben,

  My results with a 150 foot BOG aimed NW and terminated with 350 ohms has
been rather startling to me.  For the past two days (since I installed it to
try) I have been able to get Q5 copy on H40 from here in Maine. Yesterday it
was the only antenna of 3 different types that I could copy Jacek.  Today it
copied about the same as my RX4sq beaming the same direction.  On Oct 11th
my RX4 sq was the only antenna I could copy on and the phased Beverages West
are a bit noisier than the BOG anyhow..
So, you see, You cant have enough receive antennas and the BOG was a very
welcome addition this year.  Im actually planning another 150 foot BOG
toward Europe to see how that plays.

Best of luck es 73
Larry  K1UO