Topband: Fwd: Capacitor for Inverted L

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Sun Oct 16 08:56:47 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Olinger K2AV" <olinger at bellsouth.net>
To: "ZR" <zr at jeremy.mv.com>
Cc: <topband at contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: Topband: Fwd: Capacitor for Inverted L

> Particularly for the very minimal radial systems some are forced to live
> with, not having high angle radiation may actually be a considerable
> advantage.

I would call it a disadvantage. That high lobe has a definite advantage for
many contacts, DX and somewhat local.

I see it regularly on 80M with the inverted vee at 170' where the main lobe
is at the horizon and the other is straight up and rather broad. A 160 vee
is at the same feedpoint and often blows the verticals away. The rope ends
are tied off at about 20' high almost 300' away.

Carl
KM1H