Topband: Re Receiver Frontend Protector? (Scott Long)

Cormac Gebruers ei4hq.mail at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 11:56:46 PDT 2011

Scott et al,

Take a look at the front end protector by OK1RR:
http://www.ok1rr.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.35

It's an updated version of the original CQ Magazine '97 version with parts
that I believe are easier to source these days (at least here on the eastern
seaboard of the Atlantic).

I'm using one of these to protect my FT2000 and SDR-IQ that share my K9AY
(I've installed the OK1RR circuit alongside a homebrew BB signal splitter:
http://www.dxing.info/equipment/rolling_your_own_bryant.dx). I'm only
running 100w and my RX array is about 500 feet from my TX antennas but you
can never be too sure. I'm planning ahead as well; I've beverages in my
future...

Credit & kudos to John EI7BA for making me wise to the OK1RR solution and
for supplying the pre-built OK1RR circuit I'm currently using.

--
Regards
Cormac, EI4HQ