Topband: ICE 196 Info

wb6rse1 at mac.com wb6rse1 at mac.com
Sun Oct 16 12:26:30 PDT 2011

A few months ago there was a post that ICE is now:

http://www.morganmfg.us/

I asked about the ICE 196 and received this:

"Sorry, we are not currently supplying that product."

The interior of the 196 can be seen here:

http://cn2r.net/cn2r/Photo/Station/Shack/Switching%20Control/slides/Ice%20196%20Rx%20limiter.html

I opened mine and don't see the cap from the junction of the resistor and the blue cap to ground in the picture. The resistor is 5 ohms and the blue cap is .001. The back to back diodes look like small signal 1N34A types. The binocular cores are approximately 1/4 inch long, much smaller than BN73-202s.

>From this listing, dimension "B," my guess is that the cores are mostly likely BN43-1502s:

http://toroids.info/BN-43-1502.php

73 - Steve WB6RSE