Topband: Spam:*****, Re: Receiver Frontend Protector?

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Sun Oct 16 13:21:51 PDT 2011

On 10/16/2011 11:31 AM, Missouri Guy wrote:
>> If not, what does everyone else use for a
>> receiver
>>
>> frontend protection?
> Scott,
>
> I use a "front end saver".  Homebrew from CQ Magazine, Feb 1997.
> I think Far Circuits still sells a circuit board for that, but it's
> a simple device to build, so perfboard will work too.
>
> 73,
> Charlie, N0TT
> Charlie,
  The DXE RTR-1 is superb in performance, design and construction.  I have in the past built a relay driven unit derive with a Darlington 2N2222 from the H send output on the radio.  i have even in a pinch used the MFJ-1026 Noise and Phasing unit which has a built in relay circuit for power through.  This way I put the RX antenna(s) bank on the "noise antenna" input and turn down the main antenna pot.  This way I also have use of the onboard pre-amp if i need it and noise phasing against the TX antenna.

73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ