Topband: Home Depot LED bulb interference.

DAVID CUTHBERT telegrapher9 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:42:42 PDT 2012

I did some research and Maxim makes ICs for offline LED lamps such as the
Home Depot lamps. The switching frequency is 50 to 330 kHz and the
incoporate frequency dithering to reduce EMI.

The standard they adhere to appears to be EN 55015, Limits and methods of
measurement of radio disturbance characteristics of electrical lighting and
similar equipment.

I found a plot of the limit line and it is in dBuA. In the 160 meter band
it is 28 dBuA. From what I gather a standard 50uH/50 ohm LISN is used for
the measurement.
The standard applies from 9 kHz to 30 MHz.

Dave WX7G