Topband: Home Depot LED bulb interference.

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Fri Apr 6 18:30:34 PDT 2012

Jim, K9YC is absolutely right as usual.  Another thing to do is to send
interference reports from LED bulbs to the FCC with copies to the ARRL,
and include the NAB  (National Association of Broadcaster) who will be
sure to produce some public service announcements for the many member
stations across the country.  Radio stations don't like to lose
listeners, especially in competitive markets, and the NAB moves to
protect them.  Can you imagine is someone called up Rush or any other
major talk show where listeners are in the millions and said..."sorry
Rush but I can't pick you up anymore in Wichita because my neighbor next
door installed a bunch of these new LED lights in order to save the
planet.  What can I do?"   Also if they are stamped and certified to
meet part 15 and cause interference to either broadcasting or
communication they can be recalled as a defective product. If there is
not any remediation effort by the manufacturer, distributor, and vendor,
the units can be banned from import into the US.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ