Topband: Topband Tower Antenna With Two meter Vertical

Wayne Rogers n1wr at chesapeake.net
Thu Apr 19 08:37:25 PDT 2012

Thanks to all that have responded.  My concerns have been lessened and I
appreciate that.

My tower is 200 feet from the house.  I already have 7/8"  hardline run up
the tower (Rohn 25, run outisde).  I'm not sure how successful I would be
trying to run it inside - the tower is small and the hardline tough to work
with.  I have a substantial grounding system around the house and all my
coax from the tower is connected through surge arrestors and tied to a
common ground at the entry point.  I am comfortable with this.

Thanks all that responded.  I am currently waiting delivery of a side mount.
I'll advise the results when all is up and running.

73, Wayne