Topband: Inverted L Question

Mike(W5UC) w5uc at suddenlink.net
Sun Apr 29 05:36:57 PDT 2012

Good Morning Herb;

In years past, when I was living about 30 miles north of Dallas, I had a
shunt fed tower, and it worked very well.  However, when I tried the
same configuration here, I got my fanny kicked on a regular basis, and
that was why I decided to put up the Inverted L.  Occasionally I am
tempted to re-establish the shunt fed  configuration.  I am about to
plunk down $200 for an instrument to measure the complex impedance at
the feed point of the "gamma" match, and at that point I may  go back &
try the shunt configuration again.  However, for the moment, I am 4 or 5
entities away from DXCC on 160, and untill I get that done I will stay
in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"  Mode.

73,
Mike, W5UC