Topband: Inverted L Question - Reply

chacuff chacuff at cableone.net
Sun Apr 29 06:13:47 PDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lloyd Korb" <k8dio at roadrunner.com>
To: <topband at contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 7:51 AM
Subject: Topband: Inverted L Question - Reply

> What is interesting to me is the fact that at times the L seems to have a
> different polarity than the 6BTV.  I can switch back and forth between the
> two antennas, on bands other than 160 meters, and see quite a difference
> in
> signal strength.

I have no way at this point to model antennas but I would guess on bands
other than 160 you are seeing lobes in the radiation patern of the L/tower
due to it being closer to and over a wavelength depending on what frequency
it is being used at.  The 6BTV being more omni.  Both should still be
vertical...  It's always nice to have more than one antenna option in a
given situation.

Cecil
K5DL