Topband: Topband Antennas/FCP

Jim WA9YSD wa9ysd at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 09:37:37 PDT 2012

With all due respect:

The FCP is a dipole. One end is vertical while the other is weaved horizontal on or near the ground.

The 1:1 isolation Trasformer / Balun serves its purpose as well as stopping those nasty common mode
conditions.

The FP and CY9 came on and I was not able to work them single hop conditions just did not favor me. I heard
CY9 on and off but QSB just hindered me. If any one worked them with the same distance as I but with the
FPC then there is some high angle component.

I had thought that low angle radiation is what is desired for 160M. So what does the FPC patterns show
on the mapping program?

Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith. Jim K9TF/WA9YSD