Topband: Topband Antennas/FCP

Jim WA9YSD wa9ysd at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 22:32:25 PDT 2012

1.4 db loss, the fact that it heats up still tells me the coupling is not right. It should not heat up at all. Seams that the coupling is a bit too tight. Hi Q. I messed with this but with a different companies !:1 Isolation transformer and experienced the same thing.
Since part of the signal is being cancelled in the weave, how much of the signal should be radiated or lost in the weave.  It is still the other half of the antenna / what I call dipole. Loss could be more than 2db, maybe 4 or 5 still a guess.
A vertical with ground plain the efficiency is, what about 65%, is this right?  What is the FPC?
With the driven vertical element the same, with a minimal ground plain to give you about a 50 ohm match, what the calculated signal difference between this and the FPC?

Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith.    Jim K9TF/WA9YSD