Topband: RX 4 SQ Phasing

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Aug 10 10:59:55 PDT 2012

Larry Molitor wrote:

> However, the lower frequency limit of usefulness extends WAY below the AM
> broadcast band. For example I currently use a two element Hi-Z array with
> 60 foot spacing and can see as much as 30 dB F/B as low as 150 kHz!. The

A while back, I built a 4X2 low band array of receive verticals aimed at
Europe via Canada, but reversible to beam over San Francisco.
I could tune to 960 kHz and listen to a San Francisco station
70 miles away on ground wave with armchair copy or reverse the
array and listen to a Canadian station also on 960 kHz again with
armchair copy. The array seemed to be on a par with my NE
beverage.  BTW, my beverages are only 400 feet long but often
work quite well on the broadcast band.

Rick N6RK