Topband: Threading radials

HAROLD SMITH JR w0rihps at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 16 19:28:32 PDT 2012

I find that 1/2 inch PVC pipe is handy for many things. It can be cut into 6"
spacers or insulators. I use it for spacers on my Shunt Fed tower's

shunt feed rod. I used 1/2" EMT for the shunt feed rod and the PVC spaced about
every 24" to stabilize the rod. I use Black Tie-wraps to

secure everything.
73  Price W0RI

From: N7DF <n7df at yahoo.com>
Subject: Topband: Threading radials

I have found that 20 foot lengths of 1/2 inch PVC pipe works very well in
getting radial wires through, around and under the very prickly shrubbery that
gets in the way here in the New Mexico desert.  It is very inexpensive and can
be extended to as long a run as is needed.