Topband: Rules that should be changed was: Re: How does this make any sense?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Dec 1 16:12:50 EST 2012

 > Skimmer is assisted

A local skimmer is only assistance in the same way that having a
computer call CQ or send a report instead of having another operator
call CQ or send a report is "assisted".  Successful contesting consists
of three *operating* activities - sending, receiving and logging.  It's
not "assisted" as long as none of those activities are done by another
*person* (either in the shack with the operator or remotely).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV