Topband: ARRL 160CW from EI100T

Cormac Gebruers ei4hq.mail at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 06:17:44 EST 2012

Just a quick heads-up on what the ARRL160CW looked like from my chair
(operating as EI100T from IO51uu near Cork); my log has just gone in with
the grand total of 4 QSOs ;-) About 6 hours in the chair split evenly
between Friday/Sat and Sat/Sun...

Thanks to the magic ears of W2BC, N4UA, K3ZM & VY2ZM (the strongest signal
by far), assuming of course I managed to copy the calls right. It wasn't
easy.

The complete list of got-aways (none of them were other than "very weak" to
"extremely weak" on my K9AY); VE2OJ, VE3PN, NO3M, N4FX, W1WMU and K1DG. My
pea-whistle 100w (into a 60' base loaded vertical with 32 quarter wave
radials) failed to make the trip across the pond I'm afraid.

Roll on the Stew, the contest highlight of my year :-) I'll be running as
EI100T (Titanic 100th commemoration special event call) one last time
before the licence expires on Dec31.

--
Regards
Cormac, EI4HQ