Topband: your observations of 3 different events

k9la at frontier.com k9la at frontier.com
Mon Dec 3 19:51:09 EST 2012

Jose,

Your observations of 3 different events (polar propagation, 80m in the afternoon, and LP on 160m) are certainly interesting. I think I understand what it takes for the "SW at sunrise" and the "SE at sunset" path to work, but I have no detailed explanation for the other two (other than a quiet ionosphere with low absorption). And trying to predict either of the 3 is hindered by a lack of ionospheric data at low altitudes during the night.

So all I can says is enjoy it when it happens.

Carl K9LA