Topband: QRP/Poor antenna stations ARRL160

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Dec 3 17:14:11 EST 2012

I made roughly 40-50 sporadic contacts using a 1939 Meissner VFO at 5-6W and
a 1934 National FB-XA, didnt even log them. Nothing spectacular since I
wasnt interested in staying up past 10PM (-;  Antenna was the inverted vee
at 180'; it was too early for the vertical based on a few A:B listenings.
The Beverages with a BCB filter helped the very basic mixer (no RF stage)
front end considerably.

Carl
KM1H