Topband: one- way propagation

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Tue Dec 4 20:14:31 EST 2012

Nope, Nope.  I am a firm believer in one-way propagation on 160m, having
witnessed it many times.  Let me give you a recent example.  In the last
weekends contest I worked LY7M.  We both run decent stations.  We exchanged
emails after including actual signal strength.  Saulius copied me 579; I
copied him 539 with my 4-square.  When I called he came right back to me.
QRN, QRM, QSB were not a factor at my end.  Often I will hear a weak EU
station calling CQ will little response.  I call and I am copied
immediately.  Anecdotal you say.  True but many times experience trumps
theory.

Doug