Topband: DX window

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Wed Dec 5 11:21:18 EST 2012

> ...and that loss of the DX window is sadly, dear readers, why you will
> seldom hear DX stations outside of Europe and North America CQing on 160m
> in
> the CQ contests.
> Bit of a shame really, but that's (so-called) progress.

I never understood, and never agreed with the "160 committee" abolishing the
DX window.

I thought it showed people with larger stations on the east coast have lost
touch with life with smaller stations in difficult areas. It is much like
billionaires making rules for the middle class and working poor.

Certainly large stations on the coast have little or no use for a DX only
area, but I can't imagine what possessed someone to think that was a good
idea for people distant from saltwater paths.