Topband: DX window

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Wed Dec 5 11:40:20 EST 2012

On 2012-12-05, at 11:33 AM, Lennart M wrote:

> Well, from a "DX perspective" I do not care much about band differenciation,
> we do have equal distance to Far East and the Pacific as to SA, NA east
> coast being close by and when 160 opens to NA west coast and KL7/KH6 they
> are good enough to break thru any other pile, this is a Hobby

Hi Len,

Yes, for sure, but keep in mind that we're only talking about the setting aside of a mere FIVE KILOHERTZ of the band for this use! Now, a 5-KHz preserve may not mean much to a super NA CQ TEST machine, but it could mean all the difference in the world for making cross-continental QSOs for many---on BOTH sides of the signal path.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ