Topband: Shunt Fed Tower

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Thu Dec 6 23:33:05 EST 2012

Jerry:

     Here are a couple of poostings I made after I built my tower and
shunt-fed it back in 2002:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2005-12/msg00636.html .
I did not install a second set of shunt wires for 80M as I said I would in
these postings.  Instead, I installed a half (WL)-sloper wire for 80M at 50
feet and it works just as well as my Topband shunt-feed system.  But you
could install a second variable cap and set of shunt wires on another tower
face for 80M; others have done so.

     Let me know if you have any other questions.  I've been saying that my
shunt-feed works better than I had ever expected and it outperformed my
Inv-L on the band TX and RX by 5-10 (measured) dB.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F