Topband: Delaware report

Jon Zaimes AA1K jz73 at verizon.net
Sun Dec 9 09:45:08 EST 2012

Saturday morning  JR7VHZ called in 10 minutes past sunrise for our first
JA QSO of the season.

Previous recent years this has happened as early as late August or
mid-September. Although this year my work schedule has me leaving the
shack well before sunrise one or two days a week, so I may have missed
an earlier opportunity.

I could also copy JA0MVW 20 minutes past sunrise, though no QSO resulted.

Today, we heard JA7NI starting around 1000z but no QSO. Also later
copied RU0FM and DU1IST.

In the past week or more -- including the ARRL 160 contest -- it seemed
the transmit vertical arrays were hearing better than the Beverages in
many cases. Not sure what to make of that yet.

73/Jon AA1K