Topband: Fw: Re: : antenna question ...this is notgoingtodieqiuite yet....................

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Tue Dec 11 12:05:11 EST 2012

> Fortunately it is true since I stipulated qualified people as in plural.

That is not true. Accuracy is not determined by a vote or opinion poll.

I can give dozens of examples, but one that comes to mind is use of a balun
on the input of an unbalanced network tuner. That was popularly accepted
when initiated, is still argued today as a good idea by respected members of
the ARRL staff and others, but is easily proven a bad idea with analysis
and/or measurements.

Popularity or mass agreement is not an indicator of accuracy. Only
measurement and accurate analysis ensures accuracy.

73 Tom