Topband: Fw: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Wed Dec 12 18:39:03 EST 2012

On 2012-12-12, at 6:28 PM, Scott MacKenzie wrote:

> Personally, I use an 80 M loop - I like it especially for stateside contest
> like Sweep or FD.  Nice solid signal on 40M and 80M.

By far, the absolute BEST DX antenna that I've ever had the pleasure of using for the low bands is the inverted Bobtail array (40-meters): no radial fields required, super-easy to feed, all-wire construction, bi-directional, "stealthy", and---for me, at least---a real band "opener" on both direct, and long path, circuits...

I only wish that I had the wherewithal here to put one up for Topband! I guess it could be done by bending the three vertical elements alright, but I'd still have trouble here attaining even a 60' elevation...(sigh!).

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ