Topband: The Idiot's Guide To Bi-Directional Two-Wire Beverage Construction...

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Thu Dec 13 16:08:24 EST 2012

Good Day All,

I wonder if I might prevail upon any & all with some first-hand real-world experience as to the "criticalness" (if any) between the two wires running the length & span of a 2-wire bi-directional Beverage...?

Just how important is a continuos pre-set distance between the wires, anyway...? And who was it that came up with the necessity of equally-spaced wire...? And how did they determine the "optimum" distance the wires...? Would a span of power line cord (a.k.a. "zip cord") do in a pinch...?

Zip cord sure would simplify things greatly for my location here...

As I say, any & all comments from first-hand experience are not only welcomed, they're solicited, before I plunk down any serious coin for a good run of lamp cord! Hi Hi

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ