Topband: Ground mounted 1/2 and 1/4 wave verticals (was GAP)

Bill Aycock billaycock at centurytel.net
Mon Dec 17 20:15:33 EST 2012

Gentlemen--
I am learning a LOT, but there is a Great Deal of confusion (at least in my
mind) because at least three quite different conditions are involved.
We have the base fed 1/4 wave vertical; the base fed 1/2 wave vertical; and
the center fed 1/2 wave vertical.  Grounding considerations are very
different.
As far as I know, even though the same analytical tools are pertinent, the
characteristics and the design approaches are quite separate.
Please, try to clearly separate them in these discussions, to help people
like me.
Bill--W4BSG