Topband: ARRL LOTW and More

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Dec 18 17:08:10 EST 2012

Herb,

 > I complained in past posts about the lack of fairness in the
 > ARRL 160 Meter Contest for not treating the U.S. Territories
 > as DX, no not even KP1 or KP5, none.  But with the ARRL 10
 > Meter contest that followed, stations located in the U.S.
 > Territories are indeed DX as it should be.  Why in the world
 > won't anyone on the CAC or at HQ realize that there is no
 > acceptable reason for not correcting this problem. or if
 > there is they aren't saying.

Calling KP2 and KP4 DX for the ARRL 160 Meter Contest would mean
that you *could not work DX.*  You have bitched for years that DX
thought the could not work you - I can find the references in the
archives going back almost to be beginning of this list) but it
would mean that you got to count each QSO with the rest of us on
the mainland as 5 points instead of 2 points.  Now you want to be
able to work DX but count all your QSOs as five points instead
of two?

Do you want to be DX or work everybody?  Take your pick but don't
act like a two year old and say "both!"

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV