Topband: ARRL LOTW and More

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Tue Dec 18 19:14:48 EST 2012

> You have bitched for years that DX
> thought the could not work you - I can find the references in the
> archives going back almost to be beginning of this list) but it
> would mean that you got to count each QSO with the rest of us on
> the mainland as 5 points instead of 2 points.  Now you want to be
> able to work DX but count all your QSOs as five points instead
> of two?
I may have "bitched" but who wouldn't after being told and scolded by DX
stations "no DX no DX QRZ W/VE only"  Many I guess were as confused as i
was in calling them in the first place.  Again I only want this contest
to show an element of fairness.  I guess if I do as you suggested then
next time stations will not only miss KP4 which did not show this time
but also KP2.  So about working ARRL sections and as some insist that it
is only a 160 meter version of Sweepstakes, then let it be so and like
in the much highly enshrined SS not permit *any* DX.  Working DX on 160,
not some archaic sections is what I am interest in.  If participants
were tuned into working DX you would not find the band covered by 100's
of incessant CQ machines every few hertz trying to hold on to there spot
and not working much of anything.  I think next time I will do what I
wanted to do this time, just work DX and have my phased Beverages on
Europe and Africa selected.
Some may say this is poor sportsmanship....but I have tried to get
someone to recognize that changes are important to bring out a better
contest product.  I understand those in their ivy covered office
buildings and who call the shots, really don't care to even entertain
change for the better.

Herb, KV4FZ