Topband: single wire Dielectric covering.

Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Sun Dec 30 23:34:27 EST 2012

Dielectrics affects/increases capacitance.

Question:  Has anyone made a study as to how it lowers the frequency of the
wire that it is covering?.
My thought.... It is probably is a linear capacitance along the wire itself.

73
Bruce-K1FZ
www.qsl.net/k1fz/beveragenotes.html

 It is well established that covering a cable with a dielectric will change
its electrical length. The late LB Cebik's site (which is still accessible)
quantifies exactly how much with different dielectrics. It can range up to
about 7 %, and in my experience LB's figures are spot on.
73 Roger
 VE3ZI