Topband: FCC PROPOSES TO RESTORE 1900-2000 KHZ IN THE 160M BAND TO PRIMARY STATUS

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 31 02:13:50 EST 2012

THE CLOCK IS TICKING!

The FCC website lists the COMMENT DEADLINE as 25 FEB 2013, and REPLY COMMENT DEADLINE as 27 MARCH 2013. Published in Federal Register on 27 December 2012

Proceeding Number: 12-338
Name of Filer: Office of Engineering and Technology
Lawfirm Name: FCC
View Filing: WRC-07 Implementation Clear Image
Type of Filing: NOTICE OF PROPOSED RULEMAKING
Exparte: No
Reg. Flex Analysis: No
Small Business Impact: No
Date Received: 11/15/2012
Date Posted: 12/27/2012
Date Comment Period: 02/25/2013
Date Reply Comment: 03/27/2013
DA/FCC Number: FCC-12-140
FCC Record: 27 FCC Rcd 14598
Federal Register: 77 FR 76250
Federal Register: 77 FR 76234
Address:
445 12th Street SW
Washington, DC 20554

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/comment/view?id=6017137896

(Scroll down to paragraph 20, page 11)

I would urge EVERYONE to file thoughtful comments to the FCC in response to this proposal. How often does the FCC take the initiative and offer to give us something, before we submit a petition asking for it and/or we have to wage a legal battle to achieve it?

For information on the FCC's Electronic Comment Filing System go to  http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/

For detailed instructions on how to file comments using ECFS, go to  http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/userManual/ecfsmanual.jsp

 Comments already submitted may be viewed at  http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/proceeding/view?name=12-338 and http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/comment_search/execute?proceeding=12-338

Note: The 160m proposal is but one of several in the docket, so don't expect all the listed comments to address this issue.

Don k4kyv