Topband: Help With Vertical Antenna Matching

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Mon Feb 6 09:26:30 PST 2012

Dave,

What complex Z value do you get after running NEC at 1835 kHz?  Can you
attach the .NEC input file?

Phil,

Does your MFJ analyzer give you complex Z results in a R+jX format, rather
than just Z magnitude?  Not sure if the 259B model will do that or not.
Anyway, with complex Z info, it's easy to design either a low-pass or
high-pass L network using TLW software.

Paul, W9AC