Topband: FW: Proper Decorum On The "Gentleman's Band"...

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Feb 9 10:37:55 PST 2012

 > It would be great if a firm volunteer band plan would be created and
 > supported to spare us all the grief of overlapping modes-

Sure - that will work just as soon as 160 becomes 200 KHz worldwide
and someone manages to repeal the laws of physics as they relate to
antenna SWR bandwidth.

As long as  major areas of the world effectively have on 40 KHz (1810 -
1850) to work with on 160, everyone will be focused there.  Even it
that were not a factor, practical antenna bandwidths on 160 are around
50 KHz  unless the antenna has significant losses.  Any operator who
uses multiple modes will still try to do all of them in the "sweet
spot" of his antenna.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV