Topband: FW: Proper Decorum On The "Gentleman's Band"...

k6xt k6xt at k6xt.com
Thu Feb 9 13:20:04 PST 2012

While that might be true for 30M, 160 is exposed to multiple modes
including SSB. Various worldwide band plans. As W4TV points out antennas
that, if worth their salt, are probably a lot narrower than the 30M
band. Arguably, a lot more interest amongst those who have the requisite
hardware. Much more difficult propagation, i.e. weak sigs with QRN, that
is much easier to QRM (very often at my station a 30M DXpedition will be
many dB stronger than the jamming). Plus 30 has no major and darn few
minor contests to contend with.

To me the comparison to 30M is like apples to donuts. They're both food
but there ends the similarities.

--
73 Art K6XT~~
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.

This isn't as far fetched as it seems. Folks on 30m, which is only 50kHz
wide [1], manage to rub along quite nicely:

Maybe something like this could serve as a model for top band.