Topband: Radials help

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Sun Feb 12 08:46:29 PST 2012

On 02/12/2012 10:15 AM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:
> And you will be hearing 160 4 squares built
> with FCP's, taking up less space than one conventional 1/4 wave vertical
> with 1/4 wave radials, eliminating the issue of what to do with crossing
> radials.

I plan to do a similar thing on 80m, though probably with
double L antennas (vertical dipoles with the ends running
horizontally).

An array of 3 or 4 of those looks like it can outperform
a single vertical with a good ground system (which I do
not have space for), and give some directivity, for better
reception.

--
All rights reversed.