Topband: CONNECTORS AND CABLE

Andrey Fedorishchev ra6lbs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:01:55 PST 2012

here in  Russia, we love cheap cables too, and of cource they are OK in
many many cases and serve for years, but I learned hard way and not once
that if your need a trouble free life then go proven quality cables and
matching connectors

any coax is just a transmition line ...

in a receiving systems, transmition lines are allowed to be with some
attenuation, but bad connections, RF leakage, watter ingress or  a time
degradation of a thin copper clad is not allowed

YMMV

2012/1/3 Doug Renwick <ve5ra at sasktel.net>

> Here we go again.  One camp saying don't go cheap and another camp saying
> cheap is fine.  I pay 5 cents a foot for flooded RG-6 from Shaw Cable.
> Copper coated steel center plus braid and foil.  My receive 4 square run is
> about 700 feet.  I can hear more than I can work.  I don't need expensive
> RG-6 for rodents to chew on.  The rodents enjoy the cheap cable.  Cheap in
> price but just maybe not cheap in quality.  YMMV.
>
> Doug

Andrey Fedorishchev,
RA6LBS

www.RA6LBS.ru