Topband: Xtal Filter +1

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:21:02 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 06:33 -0600, Sam Morgan wrote:
> thanks Petr,
>
> here is that link through google translator for English
>
> http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=cs&u=http://www.radio.qrp.cz/1/clanky06/preseletor.htm&ei=tUUET6qfL4Ti2QW1wNW5Ag&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCwQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.radio.qrp.cz/1/clanky06/preseletor.htm
>
> as a tinyurl:
> http://tinyurl.com/7vhy3p4
>
> or for the more paranoid among us the previer of the tiny url:
> Or, give your recipients confidence with a preview TinyURL:
>
>      http://preview.tinyurl.com/7vhy3p4
>
> --
> GB & 73
> K5OAI
> Sam Morgan
>
> On 1/4/2012 3:04 AM, Petr Ourednik wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I believe You are looking for something like tunable xtal front-end
> > preselector
> > which I build for several of my ham friends years ago and posted there:
> >
> > http://www.radio.qrp.cz/1/clanky06/preseletor.htm
> >
> > Originaly it was published by Peter, G3IPV in the ham radio magazines
> > years ago.
> >
> > The main issue in practice is the small tunning range otherwise it works
> > like champ.
> >
> > 73 - Petr, OK1RP
> > ---
> > http://topband.blog.cz

Hi,

Thanks Petr, Sam. I saved copies of both the original and the translated
file mostly because I saved the original, first, and then found the
translated file in the next message. I think that is just what Anton is
looking for. How effective it will be against his electrical noise
problem remains to be seen.

I am chasing a different solution to my noise problem. I am building
receivers with high level diode ring double balanced mixers up front. I
have a commercially made transceiver (Atlas 180) that is made that way
and the electrical noise here does not bother it (160 through 20
meters). One of the problems with high levels of electrical noise is
overloading of the front end and blocking of the receiver. Therefore
noise that is not actually on or very nearly on your operating frequency
jams you up. I am also investigating some of the loop antennas to use
along with the high level mixers (NO rf amp and none needed on 160
through 20 meters). That Xtal filter used ahead of such a receiver and
possibly with one of those antennas that can null out some (or all) of
the noise should get Anton happily on the air.

73,

Bill  KU8H