Topband: 4 sq receive and high power

Larry Molitor w7iuv at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 06:10:45 PST 2012

The HI-Z preamps do seem to be immune to any normal high power TX issues. I have had a HI-Z 4-sq up with the closest element only 65 feet away from the TX vertical with no problems running full legal limit. Currently I have a 2 element system in place only 30 feet away from my 40 meter 4-sq, also running full legal limit, and have seen no problems.

Back to back diodes are a very bad thing, they will cause all kinds of problems on RX.

73, Larry - W7IUV