Topband: Half or Quarter Wave??

paul ecker eckerpw at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 08:35:23 PST 2012

New to the list and new to 160M. I have a 1/4 wave Inverted L that I have finally got the bugs out of and it seems to be working fine. Vertical leg is 45' and horizontal run is 86' for a total length of 131'. Have a LDG Z11Pro auto tuner at base of pine tree that vertical leg runs up. 4:1 balun at base of vertical feeding RG-213 coax to shack. I have a 250', three strand Deer fence around the lot that I am using all three strands  as my radial system.

--- Question is should I leave well enough alone or would I get better results on 160M by extending the horizontal leg, to 1/2 wavelength length??

73 and Tnx
Paul