Topband: HiZ Delay and Preamp Boxes

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 22:51:41 PST 2012

Doug: I took shipment of my Hi-Z 4-8 Pro system in October. You can leave the delay lines coiled up just like they were shipped (Of course you have to separate the long and the short delay cables).

As for the new preamps, while the company states that they are water-proof, there is the possibility that humid air will condense inside and create water. Every beverage transformer box that I have built in this humid Ohio location has had corrosion problems from condensed humidity inside the “sealed” boxes. Water always finds a way in. So I plan to ventilate them in some fashion and protect the amps from the elements with a plastic cover. I’m almost ready to mount the amps in this mild January weather. I think the holes in the preamp boxes are for possible mounting. If you are curious, you can open one up and look inside. You won’t hurt the seal as it is a rubber gasket.

73 and good luck,
Dennis W0JX/8