Topband: Bev wire under a path?

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Jan 6 08:18:01 PST 2012

You could also shorten the Beverage length with loading coil(s) and run coax
under the gravel if thats a possible option.

Since the coils slow down the wave a bit you have to factor in the velocity
factor so the electrical length doesnt flip the directivity at around a .5
VF.  Using Slinkys for a continuously loaded element Ive reduced a well
performing Beverage to 175' which calculates to a .59 VF. Its 5 of the 3"
diameter Slinkys in series and a 1200 Ohm resistor for my granite ground.

Carl
KM1H