Topband: Metal Enclosure

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Thu Jan 19 14:37:47 PST 2012

On 2012-01-19, at 5:30 PM, Dan Bookwalter wrote:

> I am totally reworking the feed system on my Inv-L... I have decided that I would like to use a large metal enclosure depending on cost. I need something about 20"L x 16"W x 8"D. Anyone have a good source or a better idea ?

Hi Dan,

In order to house the base variable capacitors mounted on each of my inverted "L's" for 160-meters, I use the large red & black plastic "Folgers"-brand coffee containers...they've lasted me for some 6+ years here now, & haven't failed me yet.

To house the relay / transformer in my two K9AY loops I use large British cookie tins.

Use your imagination! I suggest a trip to your local grocery store---seriously!. Walk the aisles, & look at the containers that the different products come in, for possible "candidates" for your next project.

It's actually kinda fun!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ